By Meagan Morris
Quick: Name how many ways you're bringing revenue into your business in 2015. The first -- and probably largest -- source of income is product sales. Then what? If you’re grasping to come up with ideas, don’t worry! There are so many different ways to amp up your income in ways you’ve probably never even thought of, like:
- Charging customers to use your GrandeMARK machine and dies.
- Selling memberships that give them access to your crafting space during certain times.
- Teaching classes on stationery design or cardmaking.
- Designing personalized cards made to customer specifications.
One of the easiest – and most fun – ways to bring more revenue into your business is by selling pre-made card kits that include everything your customers need to create a card, like this one created for Easter using AccuCut dies.
The idea behind these pre-made kits – priced anywhere from $4-$7 -- is to dip your customers’ toes into the world of cardmaking by giving them everything they need to make a card. The hope is that they’ll love creating so much that they’ll purchase full-priced packages of paper, dies and embellishments to continue making cards on their own.
Ok, so you’re convinced, but where to start? Here’s what you’ll need to create this cardmaking kit:
- AccuCut A7 Step Card #2 die (NC686CJ) – for the card shape
- AccuCut Border-Grass die (BR270XLC) – to create the grass
- AccuCut Border-Scallops-Small #2 die (BR335XLC) – for the bottom card border
- AccuCut Flowers die (ZIB105) – to create the flowers
- Your choice of colorful double-sided cardstock
- Bunny die cuts – these are from Doodlebug Design Inc.’s Bunny & Friends Craft Kit
- Strips of paper to create extra embellishment and a surface for your sentiment
- Your choice of sentiment stamped onto a white piece of paper for the "sign"
- Buttons – for the flowers
Even the way you sell these pre-made kits is an opportunity for extra income. You could sell them as an inventory item with a simple cardmaking instruction sheet, or use them as part of a class where you charge customers $25-$30 for the kit and instruction on how to create the card.
This is only one simple way to bring extra income into your cash register this year. What other revenue streams are you creating this year? Share in the comments below and we'll feature your methods in an upcoming blog post!