By: Traci Armbrust.
I wanted to take a few minutes and give you some of my greatest tips and tricks when it comes to the GrandeMARK Machine.
1. When running a die through the machine, always try to place that die at the edge of the tray somehow. Allowing for at least one corner of the die to touch one of the 4 edges of the tray at all times. The reason we do this is so that you are not always putting the die directly into the center of the tray. This will help distribute the pressure throughout the tray, hence giving it a longer life.
2. Always clean out your dies after use. If there is any paper, chipboard or whatever materials you are cutting left over in the die, clean them out using one of the following tools- a die pick, for materials actually stuck inside below the foams surface, and a lint roller for those materials that are not.
3. It is also very important to clean out your tray of excess materials that you cut so they do not get stuck to the bottom of the die, resulting in an uneven crease, or if it gets really bad it can push blades through the die.
4. You should have both sets of mats, the Cut and Crease and the Cutting Plastic Mats. When you purchase a Grande Mark you get one of each in the super jumbo size. Cut and Crease are for just that, any dies that you have that have a functional crease in them. For example, bags and boxes, cards and envelopes. The Plastic Mats are for cutting everything else plus materials like chipboard and fabric. Sometimes just because you have a die that has a crease in it,doesn't mean you will use the Cut and Crease Mat. For example say you are using 120 pound cover cardstock. You will probably have to try it, but there is a good chance you will have to use the Plastic Cutting Mat for that thick of cardstock so you don't cut through the crease rule.
5. When your trays start to bow it is time to replace them. They usually start to make this wierd pop noice when you are rolling it through the machine. When you here that, it is time. When your Clear Plastic Mats start to bow and kind of get rough around the edges, it is time to replace those too. The Cut and Crease Mats are a bit harder to know when to replace. Basically you're are not going to get as good and clean of cuts with your dies and that is when you should replace them.
6. You might notice over time that the tray guides on the ends of your GrandeMARK Rollers start to get beat and nicked up a bit. This is purely cosmetic and it is just where the tray ends have hit the guides When going back and forth. You can replace them if you would like, but it is not necessary.
Hope those all helped and as always please call, email or chat with us online if you have any questions. We are here to help.