Posted by Tara Smithberg
Allie Gower from Croppinsville in Collinsville, Ok. shared this really cool project with us that she made using our dies. I love the old fashioned, vintage feel of this tag.
Here's what Allie had to say about it:
"This tag was inspired by the wonderful memories of my mother's sewing room, the ironing board always up and a myriad of projects going on at once. There was always a pattern in the process of being cut, and the stamp set, Pattern Pieces by Ranger® Tim Holtz™, evoked those memories."
Here are the steps on how to make it:
1) Cut your tag out of clear plastic sheets using the A6 Tag Cards Pinnovation die.
2) Remove one side of the protective coating.
3) Apply alcohol inks of choice. Allie used Butterscotch alcohol ink and Gold Metallic Mixative by Tim Holtz.
4) Stamp image, if desired, on same side, with an archival ink, and dust with a pearl powdered pigment, such as Pearl by Jacquard or Perfect Pearls by Tim Holtz.
5) Remove opposite side of protective coating.
6) Apply alcohol ink and gold mixative around the edges of tag.
7) Add a backer, a tag cut from paper, if desired.
8) Add ribbons and embellishments.
She uses her GrandeMARK machine and dies to provide inspiration to her customers.
Allie is also a firm believer in displaying samples to spark creativity.
"We always have all of our cards on display, along with cuts from our larger dies, so customers can see not only what we have, but how to use. While the economy continues to experience a low on its roller coaster ride, you will find that people are still out shopping but spending more time at home creating, and AccuCut allows us to provide quality materials and inspiration at prices all people can afford."
Find featured samples and more tutorials on Croppinsville's blog. Their new Studio Site will be launched soon as well, featuring die cuts and the materials they sell. View more photos of Allie's store.
Allie, thanks for sharing!
Blog Offer Alert: For one week only, all flower dies are 25% off!
Now is the time to stock up. Flower dies are so versatile, you can use them on just about anything. This exclusive sale will only last through Friday, July 10. When placing your order online or over the phone be sure to use code CQZ02. See complete details below.
Use Offer Code CQZ02. 25% off individual flower dies. Valid on new orders not already discounted. Excludes die sets, gift certificates, custom dies and AccuQuilt products. Not valid with other offers. Valid through 7/10/09.